Friday, November 1, 2013

November 2013 Visiting Teaching Handout

I love that we can choose our visiting teaching message in November from among the many thoughts that may have touched us in the previous months General Conference. One talk I especially appreciated was the Talk:The moral force of women by Elder D. Todd Christofferson. Even though I don't still have children in my home I do have children who look to me and my example. One thing he said that really struck home was," a mother can exert an influence unequaled by any other person in any other relationship. By the power of her example and teaching, her sons learn to respect womanhood and to incorporate discipline and high moral standards in their own lives. Her daughters learn to cultivate their own virtue and to stand up for what is right, again and again, however unpopular".
For my handout I used a special photograph I took of a sweet granddaughter that exemplifies that innocence and beauty that I see in her and all my granddaughters.



November 2013 Visiting Teaching Handout

1 comment: